- Understanding the popularity of WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business solution.
- Most popular use cases of WhatsApp Chatbot in the Ecommerce, Retail and F&B sector.
WhatsApp has been the world’s most popular messaging application with 2 Billion active users with over 65 billion messages sent daily. WhatsApp is breaking the norm of text messaging by communicating through images, videos, gifs. Research shows that they have gained 5 million users since its 2018 launch which are using WhatsApp Business Solution.
In major consumer markets like Europe, USA, China, eCommerce is the preferred shopping method for many people. So for every eCommerce company, investing in WhatsApp Business Solution will result in more customer retention and a higher Return on Investment (ROI). It acts as a key to offer enhanced user experience and customer services to its potential clients, or else will turn to its competitors without any hesitation.
WhatsApp Business Solution helps in creating two-way conversations, order placing, sends timely tracking updates, and drives website traffic. In an earlier blog we discussed use use cases of WhatsApp Business in the Banking sector, here are a few use cases of WhatsApp Business Solution in eCommerce, Retail sector, and F&B sector :
- Interactive message templates:
An interactive message template helps to create a constant flow of communication with end-users. These buttons are attached to text messages or media messages. There are two types of interactive buttons:
- Media message templates: The text-based message template can be refined with media message templates by adding images (.jpeg and .png) and documents in PDF format. For instance, Ecommerce brands can send invoices of their purchase in document (PDF) format.
- Call-to-action button: Customers can call on your given phone number or redirect to the websites to sign up, payment link, maps, product catalogue, samples.
- Quick Reply: Quick Replies are buttons that allow users to engage in conversation with your WhatsApp Channel. Quick Replies are not necessarily linked to a message. Rather, they are “floating” above the keyboard, and when the Quick Reply button is clicked, all the buttons will disappear and the title of the tapped button will be displayed in conversation as a message. It can be used to ask for feedback, to take votes/poll.
- Hyper personalized experience:
When a user contacts on WhatsApp, you can fetch the user phone number and which country the user belongs to. For instance, you can ask for which region they belong to or their local language. Based on these variables you can make a hyper-personalized experience by sending multilingual messages according to the user’s interest.
- Product Catalogs: Previously businesses used to send product photos one at a time and repeatedly provide information by adding new features, now customers can see their full catalog right within WhatsApp. Product Catalogs on WhatsApp Business Solution helps in adding product information including price, description and product code for small businesses. It makes it easier for users to learn about their products and you can keep your user engaged in the chat without having to visit a website.
- Product Recommendation:
WhatsApp chatbot works as a product guide to its end-user as they are able to handle FAQ more significantly. For instance, the information provided in the product description may perplex the customer and want an immediate response to their query, which is where WhatsApp Chatbot can be used in answering all their queries by eliminating the wait.
- Re-targets abandoned cart: In 2020, eCommerce websites continue to battle cart abandonment. The global average cart abandonment rate is 69.57%. On average, 78.58% of online retail orders are abandoned. To tackle this problem they send reminders on emails and SMS but have not shown the response and engagement rates. Though the open rate for WhatsApp messages is 70 % and is checked more frequently; it allows them to retrieve product information, shipping, returns, and refunds. It turns casual shoppers into loyal customers.
- Lead generation with Quizzes:
Gamification is another way of interacting with customers through solving some puzzles and quizzes. You can engage new and old customers and keep an on-going conversation with them by offering such gamification along with elements like video and images to make it more interactive. When a customer wins the puzzles and quizzes you can avail of some special loyalty points, discounts, and offers which will eventually generate interest in the consumer’s mind.
- Shipping Updates: Customers often feel happy when a company sends a message like ‘Your parcel has been shipped’. WhatsApp chatbot keeps you updated on every shipping update if there is a change in the delivery date, time, and place. It also provides information about transaction confirmation and invoices. Ecommerce companies have started with pickup stores so that you can collect the parcel according to our convenience and get notified via WhatsApp chatbot.
- Collects customer feedback and reviews: Collecting customer feedback shows that you value their opinions. After a product is shipped to a customer, WhatsApp chatbot helps in collecting feedback and reviews from the targeted customers. Customer feedback will help you determine if your clients are happy with your product/service and detect the areas where you should improve. It’s one of the most reliable sources for tangible data that can be used in taking further business decisions.
- Customer care and FAQs:
Customer care and FAQs are an integral part of good navigation and improve the customer experience for websites. Most eCommerce, retail & F & B sector companies spend a lot of time answering the same repetitive questions. Even though you have a FAQ landing page, few customers take time to visit that page and choose to inquire. Creating a Message Template for all FAQs can help in answering all customer-centric questions.
As businesses are also aware of how customers are changing their way of shopping they choose to opt for WhatsApp Business Solutions. WhatsApp Chatbot creates a brand persona as they can chat with customers and creates a buzz. By implementing the above use cases the performance of WhatsApp Chatbot can be increased at a substantial level and can also progress towards its exponential growth.